Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trading the Big Dragon for the Little Dragon

I recently read a book called "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen. This author is highly credentialed and has published more than forty books, at least two of which are best-sellers. That being said, I wasn't overly impressed in the beginning from an editor's point of view. The meat of the story was okay, but the delivery was lacking in structure and format. There were whole multi-line paragraphs comprised of a single sentence ...talk about a run-on. And being a run-on was rarely the only problem. The mega-sentence was usually fraught with multiple mixed tenses and conflicting conjugations. Ugh! I spent too many years as a technical writer and editor myself not to notice them, but I grew numb to them as I got into the story. Anyway, by the time I finished the book, I found that I had a much bigger bone on contention with the author.....

READ MORE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment